Welcome to Rachel & Associates
Rachel & Associates provides educational resources to support educators in the development of curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Her resources assist schools with professional development that focuses on effective instruction and literacy development. Her reading work emphasizes reading in the content areas and improving reading assessment practices. Rachel’s mission is to help organizations create literate environments Pre-K through 12. Her first major publication in the field of reading was Teaching Reading in the Content Areas: If Not Me Then Who?, published by McRel (Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning) in 1996. The positive response to this book encouraged Dr. Billmeyer to elaborate on her work by writing a trilogy focusing on reading content, strategies and reading assessment.
Those publications include:
- Strategic Reading in the Content Areas, Second Edition
- Strategies to Engage the Mind of the Learner, Second Edition
- Capturing All of the Reader Through the Reading Assessment System, Second Edition
The Literacy and Learning Trilogy helps to demystify the reading process, provides time- and teacher-tested strategies for improved comprehension and retention, and addresses how strategic reading “looks” at all levels and across the curricula. Teaching aids also are available to support the implementation of ideas presented in the Trilogy. These three books are a must read for:
- K – 12 Classroom Teachers and Leaders
- Mentors and Mentees
- Literacy Coaches
- Study Teams or Professional Learning Communities
- Response to Intervention (RTI) Stakeholders
- University Professors: Undergraduate and Graduate
Please visit the Online Book Store for a great selection of teaching tools and advice from Rachel herself. To place an order, view the Online Catalog and then email email@example.com.
Download Order Form.